she.com terms of service & privacy statement
As a user of the she.com websites ("websites"), it may be necessary for you to provide she communications limited and/or its affiliates ("she.com") with your personal information ("information") at the time of registration and at various times when using the websites. (the terms "you" and "user" as used herein refer to all individuals and/or entities accessing the websites for any reason or any purpose.) such information may include, without limitation, your name, date of birth, gender, contact information, hong kong identification or passport number, icq number, e-mail address, credit card details, bank account number, education level, occupation, household income, interests and favorite activities. You hereby agree that the information you provide to she.com is provided voluntarily, and is accurate, true, current and complete. If this is not the case or she.com has reasonable grounds to suspect as such, she.com has the right to cancel your registration and/or refuse any and all current or future use of the websites and its services to you. If the information you provide to us is incomplete or incorrect, she.com may not be able to provide or continue to provide the products, services and merchandise offered in the websites ("merchandise") to you or may not permit you or may discontinue your access to the websites. You understand that any and all information you provide to she.com will be collected and may be used for the purposes of:
- Collecting data for identity ratification and records;
- Providing the merchandise,
- Processing any benefits arising out of or in connection with the merchandise;
- Analyzing, verifying and/or checking your credit, payment and/or status in relation to the provision of the merchandise;
- Enabling she.com to comply with its obligations to internet, interconnect or other industry practices;
- Compiling aggregate statistics on the websites usage;
- Processing your orders or transactions;
- Processing of any payment instructions, direct debit facilities and/or credit facilities requested by you;
- Operating internal controls, including determining amounts owed to or by users, payment or collection of such amounts from users and from any persons providing security for users' obligations and enforcing any charge or other security granted by or for user;
- Enabling the daily operation of your account and/or the collection of amounts outstanding in your account in relation to the merchandise;
- Performing procedures for comparing the user's data with other information supplied by the user (for whatever purpose), including, without limitation, procedures undertaken for the purpose of taking adverse action against the user (whether such comparison is by manual or automated means);
- Meeting any legal, governmental or regulatory requirements in hong kong or any other applicable jurisdiction, including disclosure or notification requirements;
- Assisting any person who is acquiring or participating in any contractual arrangements between she.com and the user to evaluate the transaction for such acquisition or participation;
- Carrying out the user's instructions, responding to enquiries by that user or made on his/her behalf and providing users with an effective and efficient service; and/or
- Assisting any bona fide third party in its investigation into any offence and/or tortious act, where such bona fide third party has reasonable grounds for believing that such offence/tortious act is being or has been committed by you in the course of your use of the websites.
To enable she.com to provide you with customizable and personalized services,she.com may use cookie files or other methods to store and track information about you when you visit the websites and this is done without you being aware that it is occurring.
You acknowledge and agree that you are solely responsible for the form, content and accuracy of any material or information placed by you on the websites.
You are aware, agree and authorize that all information supplied by you will be retained by and stored in one or more databases of she.com and will be provided to, disclosed to, accessed by and transferred to:
- Any person or bodies corporate or division within she.com and/or the tom.com limited group;
- Any person or bodies corporate under a duty of confidentiality to she.com;
- Employees of she.com;
- Any contractors, agents, other persons or bodies corporate engaged by she.com for or in relation to any of the purposes listed above or any third party service providers who provides administrative, telecommunications, computer, payment, securities clearing, insurance, professional or other services to she.com;
- Any banking, financial or other institution with which the user has or proposes to have dealings;
- Any debt collection or credit reference agency or similar provider of debt collection or credit information services to she.com;
- Any person or corporation to whom a she.com company transfers or proposes to transfer its interests and/or obligations in respect of that user or any product or service provided to that user;
- Any nominee, trustee, co-trustee, centralized securities depository or registrar, custodian, insurance company, estate agent, solicitor or other person who is involved with the provision of she.com services or products to that user; or
- Any person by whom she.com is required by applicable legal, governmental or regulatory requirements to make disclosure;
- Any other person reasonably requiring the same in order for she.com to carry out the purposes set out herein. You agree that she.com may release your information when such release is reasonably necessary to:
- (i) comply with applicable law,
- (ii) enforce or apply the terms of any of user agreements,
- (iii) protect the rights, property or interest of she.com or its users or
- Any bona fide third party who has reasonable grounds for believing that an offence and/or tortious act is being or has been committed by you in the course of your use of the websites and has made a reasonable request for the release of your information by she.com.
you are aware of your rights under the personal data (privacy) ordinance, including the right:
- (i) to check whether we hold any of your information,
- (ii) have access to your information held by she.com,
- (iii) request correction of your information,
- (iv) ascertain our policies and practices (from time to time) in relation to the information and the types of information held by us,
- (v) disallow access or use of your information by she.com,
- (vi) be informed of action taken in response to any such request and/or request that there be attached to your information a statement which you can supply to she.com relating to the fact that you have requested a correction. You agree to pay to she.com the reasonable charges requested by she.com in relation to the time and attendance involved in complying with your request in this regard.
Given the nature of the internet, she.com cannot guarantee that the transmission of data is 100% secure. However, she.com shall take all practicable steps to ensure that any information collected by she.com via the websites is safe and secure from third party interference. However, please be aware that she.com's advertisers or other web sites that have links on the websites may collect personal data about you.
You may review and update your information online by visiting the websites.
Request for access, update, delete or other personal data enquiries can be made in writing to the following address :
19/F, 299 Queen’s road central, Hong Kong
Fax: (852) 2528 1398
If you would like to opt-out from receiving any news and promotions from us, please click on the unsubscribe link here.